The 2015 Awards are sponsored by:
The ANC awards promote and recognise excellence among UK acoustic consultants and raise the profile of acoustics. The Awards look for examples of work that displays innovation, and originality in acoustic design or approach to a particular project.
A record number of entries were received and the standard was very high across all the categories. The Association thanks all those who submitted an entry and particularly thanks the judges for their hard work in assessing them.
The winners were revealed on Wednesday 24th June at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Birmingham where awards were announced by guest speaker Philippa Forrester, former Tomorrow’s World presenter.
Architectural Acoustics: Commercial Buildings, sponsored by Ecophon
• WINNER -Tyneside Cinema cafe bar (Apex Acoustics)
• HIGHLY COMMENDED – The Hub, Sky, London (Arup)
• COMMENDED – Cathedral Court, Birmingham (Cundall)
Architectural Acoustics: Education Buildings, sponsored by Rockfon
• WINNER – Wallscourt Farm Academy, Bristol (Mach Acoustics)
• HIGHLY COMMENDED – Notre Dame Catholic College, Liverpool (SRL)
• COMMENDED – Sandwell College, Central Sixth campus (Arup)
Environmental Noise, sponsored by Cirrus Environmental
• WINNER – Numerical Environmental Noise Modelling (Hoare Lea)
• HIGHLY COMMENDED- BAE Birtley, Gateshead (WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff)
• COMMENDED – Albert Wharf, Hammersmith (MLM)
Sound Insulation, sponsored by CMS Danskin and Regupol
• WINNER – St James Centre, St Helier (Hoare Lea)
• HIGHLY COMMENDED – Everyman Cinemas, Birmingham (RBA Acoustics)
• COMMENDED – North West Cambridge Development (AECOM)
Vibration, sponsored by Mason
• WINNER – Advisory Role to Gym Group (Hoare Lea)
• HIGHLY COMMENDED- Hertsmere House, Canary Wharf ((WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff)
• COMMENDED – Crossrail, Eastern Tunnels (SRL)
• Hoare Lea Acoustics (St James Centre)
Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to all those on the shortlist or who submitted entries this year. Look out for details of next year’s event shortly.
The brochure giving details of all the shortlisted projects is ANC_AwardsBrochure2015web