Membership FAQ


Can an individual join the ANC?

No. But an individual who is trading in their own right as a business may apply.  Nearly 25% of our members are one man businesses. The ANC is a trade association and membership is only open to businesses providing acoustic consultancy services.

What are your membership requirements?

Full details of the membership requirements are contained in the application pack. Go to the membership page of the website and complete the form. A full package of information will be emailed to you by return.

What kind of reports are suitable for a membership application?

The reports you submit as part of your membership application should provide evidence of consultancy, not merely noise measurement or sound insulation testing. Examples of the types of reports which are generally regarded as being unsuitable are given in further detail in the guidance notes which accompany the application pack available from the membership page of this website.

How do I become a noise consultant?

The traditional route has been to study for a degree in acoustics. There are now also alternative routes, including several courses run by the Institute of Acoustics for people who have not studied for a degree. Please visit the careers page of the IOA website for more information.