Sound Insulation Testing FAQ


Do your members install sound proofing?

No. Although in some cases members may provide acoustic hardware, a consultant will tend to provide advice and designs such that you can take these to your chosen contractor to implement.

How much does it cost to have a test done?

Costs vary depending on the size of your development and between test organisations. You should contact a registered test company directly and they will provide you with all the information you need.

Will I take my registration with me if I change jobs?

No. If you move to another registered company you will be able to re-apply to be registered, but this is not done automatically. You need to complete the tester registration form available in the members area of the website or from the ANC office, and submit this with an example report completed at your new company. Assuming all is in order you will become registered to test for your new company. If you move to a company which is not part of the Registration Scheme you will not be able to become re-registered.